Pretty Little London done! Just love the colours. Now on to Tokyo!
New Nail Decals In The Store!
Hey everyone, I’ve put more decals up in the store! I’ve already sold three sets to two lovely ladies.
Special deal! Mention you are came from S+T and get a free set! Just mention it on the comments (don’t add the item to the cart). If you want a set that has already sold just let me know.
lots of love,
p.s. there’s a link to the store on the site now ;-)
Oh Deer! Fawn Makeup | Cheap Frills & Thrills
I don’t know if any of you read Makeup Addiction on reddit, but at the moment everyone is going nuts over this fawn makeup for Halloween! As I do with each Halloween I’ll be looking for fun crafty costumes, so keep an eye out!
Pom Pom Cocktail Napkins | Love Maegan
Y’all know how much I love pom poms, so of course I fell in love with these napkins! i don’t have a lot of cocktail parties so I think I would make these in a larger napkin size or even use them as coasters as Maegan suggests.
Stacked Coffee Table | Lowes
I love this coffee table - so many layers to stack books and magazines! The pieces of wood are actually doors cut in half. It’s a pretty intensive piece to create, and requires you to add laminate pieces, but if you’re not keen on that you could always buy your laminate pieces already made.
Black & White Glam Pumpkin | A Pumpkin & A Princess
Halloween crafts have already started pouring in, and I’m on the bandwagon! I love the simplicity of this pumpkin - the main decoration is the hat, which you should be able to pick up from your local craft store (or if you can’t find a paper mache one, you could just go with a dress up one). The lettering is hand painted on, though you could go with stick on letters. Click through for the whole tutorial!
I just want to say thank you for supporting me in the opening of my shop! I’ve already sold three packs, I’m so excited. There will be more coming soon, I promise! Here are some more things that kept me busy this week…
1. is the galaxy look over? Because I’m in love with this dress! Though I really should be looking fora dress for my friend’s wedding next year…
2. I have seen these headphones on at least three blogs now, and even though I don’t need them, I want them! They’re the ‘Taylor’ headphones by Frends… and they’re super expensive. Yikes. But they’re so pretty…
3. Well I’ve started buying Christmas presents already. Don’t yell at me! I figure if I start buying them now then I won’t have that usual early December freak out. I’ve already ordered some of this awesome wrapping paper by Clap Clap Designs.
4. I’m going to get these incredibly pretty, perfectly heel-heighted shoes and wear them every single day for the rest of my life, maybe even in bed. They also come in black, tangerine, red…
5. If already up to season 2 of Portlandia, it’s hilarious! I have to say my favourite episode yet was when Fred and Carrie watch all of Battlestar Gallactica and then decide to hunt down the writer to get one more episode. So many fantastic cameos (poor Sarah McLachlan!) and so many characters I love. Check it out!
6. I was totally on the name plate necklace bandwagon when Carrie sported her’s on SATC, and now I want one of these gold bar necklaces! Maybe I’ll add it to my Christmas wish list!
Owl & Leaves Clay Necklace | Chic Steals
This necklace is made using epoxy clay and decorated with gold leaf. I’ve never tried epoxy clay, but it seems pretty straightforward to use. Chic Steals has a great tutorial on how to use the clay and other tips and tricks - I also love the way she created a layered necklace in one - so much easier than trying to stack chains that always end up tangled!
Woodgrain Gift Tags | Paper N Stitch
These woodgrain gift tags are not only perfect with pretty floral wrapping paper, but they’re free! Just pop down to your local home improvement store and grab some siding samples! Click through for the incredibly simple instructions and stock up!
Pleated Maxi Skirt | Whimseybox
OK, so I wouldn’t ever wear a skirt with a split that high, but I’m still in love with this skirt and it would be so easy to modify! And maxi skirts are my favourite thing to wear in Summer - breezy and pretty and easy to wear with heels or flats!
Sparkly Sweater | Kittenhood
A sparkly sweater that you can wear to work? Yes please! Just a little sprinkle of sequins and gold stitching is enough to give some sweetness to this otherwise plain sweater. Do as Kittenhood did and update on old sweater or get yourself a second hand one to jazz up.
Hey everyone! I’ve put up some of my nail decals on my etsy shop! You can find the shop here: http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ScissorsThreadBlog
There’s only a few up at the moment until I get some more paper. I’m more than happy to create custom decals for y’all, just message me through the shop.
I hope you like them!
New Pretty Little Cities! | Satsuma Street
Each week I check the Satsuma Street shop to see if there are any more pretty little cities - they are my favourite thing to cross stitch! A while ago I featured the Paris, London and Moscow patterns. I’m almost finished with London! And now there are three more patterns I’m wanting to tackle - Tokyo, Rome and Sydney! Aren’t they gorgeous?! There’s deals on getting 3 for $15 right now so hop on over!