Wake up in the late afternoon. Seriously, can anyone else say ‘Lazy Sunday’ and not think of the song? Well I can’t. This weekend has been a really lazy one, to the point that I’m not sure if I can say it was a weekend or just an extended nap with eating in between. Though last night out for tea was fun - the lovely Deb and I had a very average dinner at the Britannia just out of the city (worst. schnitzel. ever.) but then we went down Runlde Street to my all time favourite place - Cocolat. I think everyone else had the same idea because even at half past nine it was packed! I had the usual (lemon crepes and iced coffee) and Deb had a blonde brownie and some kind of coffee. After that we walked up the road to the tattoo parlour. Seriously, I have no intention of ever getting a tattoo, but last night I was so close to it! If they didn’t cost over $100 I probably would have gotten one. As soon as I got home I was like - what the hell!? If you were to get a tattoo what would it be? For me, I would get ‘Just Breathe’ on my wrist. When I told my mum this she said ‘What? Just Brie?’, to which I said ‘Yes mum, because we both know of my legendary love for Brie’. Mums.
So I’m watching all the Harry Potters before the big finale on Saturday. So sad watching the first one. Mainly because of Hedwig. Seriously, a million people could die in a movie but if one, just one animal dies, I’m beside myself. Is anyone else like this? I know my sister is. My dad just shakes his head. I’m pretty sure I’m going to cry and cry in the finale, so I’m glad we’re going to Gold Class. Do they have Gold Class in the States? It’s like the first class of movie theatres. Not only do you get recliner seats, but there’s also a bar and you can order food to be delivered to you during the movie. But the best part - there are only like, 28 seats in there so not a lot of people are going to see me crying. Note to self: take sunglasses with you. We’re going at 9 in the morning, so sunglasses aren’t going to look as out of place as if I saw it at 9 at night! Gah. Can’t wait. God, they were so little in the first one! Also: I was totally in love with Robert Pattison when he was in Goblet Of Fire. And hasn’t Neville grown into his face?
Enough Potter talk. I need to go clean my house and wash some clothes. And eat another one of those disgusting biscuits.
Have a good week guys & girlies!
(image source: Heather Future - click on the pic!)
The Washing Detergent, The Ham & Emma
Do you like the new necklace I bought? It’s from Nu Bambo at Etsy - I just couldn’t resist it! I’m really into natural stones at the moment and this is just the perfect combo. When I was younger I collected a magazine that every month would feature a different semi-precious stone and amethyst was one of my favourites. I wonder where all those stones are now?
So today I went to the local centre and whilst getting cash out at the ATM, noticed a couple eating sandwiches. The wife dropped a piece of ham on the floor. And the guy picked up the ham and ate it. Off the floor. Floor ham. When I saw him pick it up I almost yelled out ‘DON’T EAT THAT! ARGH!’. Instead I grimaced and bought myself a cookie dough iceacream even though it’s about ten degrees outside. I also bought an amazing new detergent today. I am a sad old 27 year old. It’s by Radiant and it’s a gel. I am a sucker for new products, but this time I know it’s good because my sister Sarah tried a sample of it!
How is everyone’s weekend going so far? I’ve been trawling the interwebs to find new DIYs to show to you all, but sometimes I feel like I’ve found them all. I need to start making my own! Sigh. Yes. I will. I promise I’ll have something for y’all tomorrow!
OK, I’m off to watch the rest of Sister Act II. This is one of my all time favourite movies. Oh Lauryn Hill, you are so rebellious.
Deep & Meaningful Post No.1
Up and down my week goes, with me bobbing on the surface trying to keep my head above water. Sometimes it may feel like you’re going under, just as someone pulls you up. Small sweetneses like a hug or a laugh may seem insignificant but they can literally be life savers. Don’t ever think that you are not important enough to make a change in someone else’s life - sometimes just asking ‘are you OK?’ (and um, genuinely wanting to know the answer!) can mean more than you’ll ever know. As you can tell, this week has been a bumpy road that at times I really wanted to get off of. It can be so easy to give up too. But to make it a real life, a proper life, you have to go through the crap as well as the great to make it worth living. The best thing is to deal with your problems - don’t white wash them over, don’t say ‘oh, other’s have it worse off’. That might be true but that’s not our life they’re living.
Look after yourself. If you can’t change your situation (and you certainly can’t change someone else - unless you’re Oprah - which in that case, omigod Oprah is reading my Tumblr!) then change the way you react to it. This doesn’t mean changing yourself because that’s a recipe for disaster. One thing I am constantly trying to practice is thinking with my head and not letting my heart scream over it.
I hope everyone out there is doing OK. If you’re not, please tell someone. If you’re doing great and this completely depressed you, I’m sorry! If you’re depressed and this somehow helped, well that’s great too.
Bonus: it’s Friday tomorrow! AND it’s the long weekend! Woo!
Thoughts & Feelings & etc.
How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was super productive with my bathroom makeover! I went for a really pretty aqua blue colour called ‘Clear Aqua’ for a feature wall and have set myself up with a dressing table. I wanted to get some nice fabric for a window treatment and found a gorgeous piece in Spotlight. I thought it would cost a bit, but when the girl scanned it… it was a DOLLAR A METRE! Insane. I should have gotten more! It’s not completely done yet, but when it is you know I’m going to share pics with you.
It’s only Monday but today I did something that made me feel really grown up. Do you ever get that feeling like sometimes you’re just pretending to be grown up, but then you do something really responsible and you’re like… OK, maybe I am a proper grown up!? Anyway, I was really proud of myself so I think the rest of the week is going to go well.
I get really annoyed when people make a big deal of how many followers they have, because that’s not the reason why I do my blog. I love to create, I love to design and I love finding inspiration and I love sharing these passions with y’all. But I have to say, I’m really chuffed that I’m past the 4000 followers mark! I never thought that my blog would be that popular, especially as past attempts at blogging failed miserably! I know I say it all the time but all the gorgeous messages people send me make me so happy. Sorry if my replies get a bit samey but I’m not sure what else to say other than I really appreciate people taking the time to write and say hello and give feedback!
So I’m mulling some stuff over in my mind at the moment and working on a secret project which I’m going to share with y’all later. Hopefully people will like it! Stay tuned Mildly Interested Followers!
Stay warm if you’re in Adelaide, stay cool if you’re not!
p.s. gorgeous pic is by The Black Apple!
Questions, Answers, Food & Thoughts
I get asked this a lot so I just wanted to give a heads up to people who aren’t familiar with the way I format my posts. If you would like to have a look at the source of my post, please click on the image and it will take you through. All my DIYs are posted with the name of the project in bold and the website source following in italic (i.e. Name Of Project | Name of Website). All images are linked to the immediate tutorial, but of course you can then click around the fantastic sites! I think it’s important to always pay tribute to the people you feature.
Anyway, lots of love to y’all and thank you to everyone who follows me! It really makes me happy to see all the comments and love you give to the amazing people I feature. There are so many creative folks out there, and it makes me happy to share their crafts with the Tumblr community.
It’s been quite a week and I can’t believe it’s already Sunday tomorrow (er, actually it’s Sunday now :-/) I’ve been back to the gym, tried Twizzlers, decided never to eat Twizzlers again, started re-decorating my bathroom, got a fantastic new moisturiser, made lots of new beauty-question geniouses, had phone wars with a cab company, designed the best name tags ever for a Carers outing, answered a million phone calls, read the new Real Living magazine and spent way too much money on makeup! Btw, has anyone out there tried pretzel M&Ms?! They are amazing! They remind me a lot of the crispy M&Ms (do they have those in the states?)
OK, enough of the talkin, I really should get to bed, I’ve got a day of shopping tomorrow! I’m sure it will be adventurous and I will have lots to share.
Thoughts & Musings Part III
1. I seriously can’t wait for Christmas. I have so many awesome tutorials to share. Sorry followers, but I will be starting to post Christmas tutorials in November. Just a warning!
2. Have you smelt Katy Perry’s new perfume Purr? As much as I’m starting to hate every celebrity putting out a perfume, I actually really love it! And the cat bottle. Adorable. For serious, any fruity scent and I’m all over it.
3. I had a seriously awesome trip into the city with my niece and mum yesterday. We had a very ‘cosmopolitan’ afternoon on Rundle Street, that ended with a trip to Cocolat. Mia was very excited and enjoyed her strawberry gelati and people watching. She also loved the coins embedded in the side walk (all up and down Rundle street are Australian & International coins in the cement. Art is all around you!) and tried to pick up the coins to no avail. She also bought a tiny Chinese bowl from Bauhaus. She was so adorable - she paid her money, took her bag and started to walk away. I think we need to teach her about change!
4. Back to the gym tomorrow! Time to get back into the old exercise. Yikes.
5. Last weekend I was nearing 2500 followers. I was at 2404 on Saturday. Tonight I realised that I’ve passed the 2500 and am up to 2817! So welcome to all my new followers, I hope you get lots of inspiration and craftiness from my blog. Feel free to request a project or ideas, I’m always happy to help! And thank you to those who reblog, love and comment on my posts. It totally makes my day!
OK, good night everyone! I hope you had a great week, a great weekend, a great mother’s day and a great week to look forward to.
p.s. the image is by the amazing Clare Owen!
Things I Am Excited About (sooner and later)
- The new Hoodwinked movie. That’s right, Hoodwinked! Haha! I adored the first one. That squirrel, oh my gosh so cute.
- Spending Mother’s day with my mum and taking her out for breakfast. I think maybe Wild Thyme if it isn’t already booked out…
- Going overseas next year. It’s gonna happen!
- Winning the last round of footy (7 out of 7! I get a free Whopper!)
Things I Love Right Now
- Watching re-runs of Angel. Cordellia rules.
- Sewing again… it’s so calming!
- Getting new followers everyday, so awesome!
- The weather getting cooler.
Things I Am Not Loving Right Now (and never will)
- Still having a chest infection
- Drivers who go 50 in the right hand lane/back to school traffic
- Not being able to find my favourite black skirt. WHERE IS IT!?
- Banging my knee on the bed in the spare bedroom. Every. Time.
Things I Am Planning (to do at some point…)
- sort out my cupboard/fridge by purchasing basic cooking items and actually cooking more!
- Get organised for a stall at the end of the year… which means collating ideas, buying supplies, making things, etc
- Re-papering above my fireplace
- Actually making some of the DIYs i’ve been posting!
That’s all. I love making lists, it gets all the thoughts out of my head! Haha! And how adorable is that image - by the wonderful Love Sugar on Etsy. It was actually in my ‘suggested shops’. I love that! Anyway, what is everyone else loving/disliking at the moment? Any plans for a crafty weekend?
I’m sorry there was only one DIY tonight - since I got home at 5:30 I’ve been sewing! I don’t have a great photo but tomorrow when I have a bit more light I’ll take one of my little project. I’m not 100% pleased with how it turned out, but considering I haven’t sewn in ages I think it’s a pretty good start!
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who did/has written messages - I truly love reading them/replying to them. You all make my day a little brighter!
I promise tomorrow will be filled with DIY goodness. But for now I must get to bed, especially as my laptop has 10% power left!
Hope everyone has a great Friday (weekend next, YAY!) and expect to see a post from me about the Royal Wedding! My guesses:
- her bridesmaids will be wearing blue
- the flowers will be roses
- the boys will have grey somewhere in their suits…
- Kate will cry
- there will be a shot of Elton John crying too!
I seriously can’t wait. Argh! 7%!
Thoughts About Tumblr
1. It constantly surprises me what is popular/not popular in regards to what I post. Sometimes I think - this is going to get heaps of likes/reblogs and it gets… nothing. And sometimes - such as the lace candles I posted last night - I am amazed at how much people like it! Seriously, the lace candles were something I found randomly through blog jumping and I thought, that’s cute, I’ll chuck it up. Do you find this too?
2. I sometimes read people’s usernames and think - wha?! How did you decide on that? Some are plays on people’s names which I love. I’m a pun lovin’ girl. Get it?!
3. My mum reads my Tumblr which I love. She’s not really down with technology, but she loves my Dad’s iPad and she reads it on there. Sometimes I’ll post something just cos I know she will like it!
4. I fiound a blog today that was only reblogs from someone else’s Tumblr - and I don’t mean from a mix of other Tumblrs, I mean they were only from one blog. It was basically the reblogee’s Tumblr but with a different name. I’m all for blog loving, but I found that so strange! I don’t know how I’d feel about that - I love when people re-blog my stuff, but to only reblog my stuff and not put any other content or your own content on there? I know imitation is the highest form of flattery, but this seemed too much like… straight out copying. For me, Tumblr is all about your own self expression, not about someone else’s. Yes, this will be a mix of other people’s stuff, but seriously, put some of your own in there!
5. I love GIFs, especially Simpsons GIFs, and there are a ton on Tumblr. The one featured is from one of my favourite episodes. ‘All right, I’m going to start punching air, and if you get in the way, it’s your own fault!’
OK, that’s all I have to say. Hope I didn’t offend anyone, as always, it’s just my opinion! Hope y’all had a great long weekend (er, if you’re Aussie!) or a great working Tuesday (if you’re not!)
Wow, I went crazy with the posts tonight! Made up for the fact I did nothing yesterday, which seemed to annoy some people because I lost five followers overnight. Don’t you wish you could ask them why they stopped following? Haha! 'Was it me? Did I post too many scarf tutorials?!’
Anyway, I had a good day today, and I think that needs to be acknowledged. Most of my day was spent doing SafeTALK suicide prevention training… which isn’t fun… but it was incredibly helpful and so interesting. Once people start talking it’s amazing to see how mental health & suicide has touched everyone in some way. Anyway, I am now a trained SafeTALK person, so if you ever need to talk, let me know!
We also got an EFTPOS machine today… oh my gosh it is so fun to use! I was so taken with it that someone had to remind me that it was 3:30 and that I had to go home.
And the last exciting thing that is happening I want to share is that I’m going to go pick over the books at Borders in the city tomorrow night with my dad! Poor Borders. Oh well, their loss is my gain. I’m hoping there’s still some good stuff there seeing everything in the store is 30-40% off. I really want to get some Terry Pratchett books and if there’s any left, some gift cards.
OK, have a good night/day everyone, and check back tomorrow to find out what I bought - I know y’all will be on the edge of your seat with anticipation!
p.s. the art work is by The Small Object, purveyors of fine tiny things
1. I’m so annoyed that Kent & Vyxin got to the check in before Ron & Christina on the Amazing Race! They were so rude to the people in India, I was screaming at the tv, ‘YOU’RE SO RUDE! I HOPE YOU LOOOOOOOOSE!’
2. I’m so glad we have the cold weather back. I know people hate it but I love nothing better than getting home, putting on my trackies and turning on the heater. My cat Sophie loves it too. She’s like a living hot water bottle.
3. I’ve finally watched the 3rd Die Hard Movie after it sitting on my table for about two weeks. It’s my favourite of the 3. ‘Are you trying to hit these people on purpose?’ ‘No - well, maybe that mime’
4. I got my first ‘adult’ tumblr follower today. I was feeling left out because everyone was always talking about how they had so many rudie followers. I’m not sure what to do about it - it’s not like it’s affecting me in any way. I guess people who enjoy naked people must like DIY too?!
5. I’m super excited about my Birthday Weekend. I’m even making tshirts for us to wear for the Annual Mexican & Mini Golf Fiesta. Not sure what, but they will be epic, and there will be photos. Also looking forward to Hogs Breath (amazing steak house in Adelaide) with my family. They are the best.
6. I like making lists. It clears the mind.
7. I can’t get that new Avril Lavigne song out of my head. It’s so freaking catchy! Damn you Lavigne. Have you seen the film clip?! It’s basically an advertisement for her stuff. Sharpen up Lavigne, we’re onto you.
8. If you’ve never tried it before, I implore you to have a potato salad & ham sandwich tomorrow for lunch. It’s so delicious.
9. America’s Next Top Model is annoying me, especially how they originally had Alexandria as the ‘bitch’ then turned her into some kind of pariah after Brittany yelled at her. Two things learned for Brittany: just because everyone is backing you up behind the scenes, doesn’t mean that they’re going to back you up when it comes to the punch and never trust reality tv! Also, I really want ‘fiercly real’ Kasia to win. Good lord, what is she, like a size ten!? How is that fiercly real!
10. I wish wallpaper was cheaper.
OK, that’s all I have to say. Hope everyone’s Monday was good and that it set a nice tone for the rest of the week! And if not - well hey, it’s only four more days til the weekend!
hugs & love,